Monday, August 29, 2011

Twilight Sparkle Wig

Progress Report! I have 2 more working days before we leave for Dragon*Con. One major thing on my list to get done was Twilight Sparkle's Wig. I've been putting it off for days. I followed Kukkii-san's Tutorial for making wefts over on Cosplay.com. I bought two packs of Silky Straight Kanekalon in the closest colors in stock. Making the wefts was the easy part. I do advise taping them in place before sewing them to the tulle. It makes it so much easier and the tape can be removed. Styling and cutting the wig took longer than I anticipated. I had to sew my wefts in where they wouldn't easily be seen. This was tricky. Then I had to cut the wefts and bangs. I ended up having to heat my bangs with a blow dryer on a low setting to keep them from sticking out like crazy. Long process but good first experience. Overall I really like the outcome. I must say, if your going to use the Kanekalon for wigs, soak your wefts in a solution of luke warm water and hair conditioner. It will work wonders on this hair. Otherwise they tangle easy and can be a nightmare to brush out.

More progress soon. It's caffeine time!

1 comment:

DannyMirage said...

Before: Cute
After: Cute + Ponies