Sunday, January 30, 2011

Yarn Review: Red Heart Soft Yarn

Photo by Marni-'s Yarns

Browsing the yarn isles at my local craft store I always notice Red Heart Soft Yarns. The color hues are dark and rich. I decided I wanted to use this yarn to complete my Luna Scarf, since the author of the pattern used it herself. It's very easy to crochet and knit with but I must say, I wish I hadn't used it, not for a scarf at least. It looses its softness when it's crocheted with. It keeps a little when knitted, but not much. The final product has a shinny, acrylicly-ness about it. The yarn is 100% acrylic, but you don't feel it when the yarn is in it's skein. It feels nice and soft, hence its name. This yarn is also a bit ichy around my neck. For this reason, I'm not sure if I'll be wearing my scarf again any time soon. Its a shame really, the scarf came out rather beautifully.



Now just because this yarn doesn't suit my needs for wearable accessories, doesn't mean this yarn wouldn't be great for Amigurumi. Which I suspect it will be. Stiff Acrylic yarns are great for keeping their shape.

No comments: